Year 6 @ Holy Family

Class of 2017/18

Water Park Day 3

Posted by Mr Waywell on Jun-27-2018

We’re a little more tired this morning with only 3 bedrooms waking up themselves.

Making lunch is now a slick machine and children were very quick.  Bacon butties for breakfast went down a treat too!

The weather today is beautiful so children are layering up in sun-cream!

Blue group took part in their journey day today.  We began with a short drive to Ravens Crag.   Here the group put on harnesses and ropes and learned how to scramble (a cross between mountain climbing and hiking).  The children were great at and pushed their own limits to make it to the top…the views were amazing!  The hike down was a hot one so we rewarded ourselves with an ice cream and a splash in the water when we made the bottom.   After the walk, we took a catamaran down the lake back to Water Park where we jumped in to cool off!

Pink group were also on journey day.  There day took them to Coniston where they walked 3 miles to reach the town.  Once there, they treated themselves to an ice cream in the sun.   Their next challenge was to sail their way back to Water Park.  The instructors expected this to be a struggle with the warm weather however they were wrong, the group were brilliant at it and got much further than they thought.

Red group began the day climbing.  Again Mrs Whitehead was very impressed and nearly all of them made it to the top!  Again she couldn’t believe how they pushed themselves when they were feeling scared.  After lunch they took to the water for some kayaking.  Though a few ended up in the water, they managed to make it across to the jetty.  Here their instructor put them onto the platform in their kayaks and then pushed them off into the water…the group loved it!

Meatballs for tea went down a treat and now the group are off outside for another games session.   They have loved the phone calls and especially your comments on the blog.  Thank you!

1. Ian Hunter Said,

Hello Hannah, you look great doing all these exciting activities. Now you can make lunch you can get it ready for mum and dad when you get home, cannot wait to see you Friday love dad, xox:-)

2. Donna Heap Said,

What a fantastic day Blue Team, I bet that water was lovely and cool ! And of course it was lovely to speak to Dylan, he sounded so happy and is enjoying every minute xxx lots of love Mum, Isabelle & Dylan xx I spoke to Dad in Edinburgh and told him all your news xx

3. Donna Heap Said,

Doh ! I meant Rufus ! Not Dylan ………..

4. Shane Meekins-Nash Said,

Wow Holly so proud of you and all year 6.
    It was wonderful to hear your voice.
    Just remember you are making memories that will last a lifetime!
    Miss you lots, but enjoy your last 2 Day.
    Love you lots like Jelly Tots
    Mum, Dad, Louise, Nannie, Granddad, Cutie and Toffee xxxxxxx

5. Angela Patmore Said,

It was lovely to speak to you Lucy! I’m glad you enjoyed the kayaking today! Looking forward to hearing about what you get up to tomorrow. We all love you lots xx

6. Jancy Said,

It was nice speaking to you today Rico. Hope you have a fantastic day tomorrow and can’t wait to see you on Friday. Love you Xx

7. hollie mae Said,

i love you lillie ann

8. Hollie Said,

Hi Rubes!! Hope you’re having a brilliant time!! I miss you!!! Ps you’ve just missed Brenda haha xxx

9. Louise nash Said,

Am so proud of you holly I love and miss you I need my wiredness partner back see you tomorrow love louise xxxx

Add A Comment